roma & friedl don’t do that
Lamento - White Notes
I’m going to cut to the chase with this one since it’s been so long since I originally tried working on it. Images in this post are from the half-size scans.
Edit: I accidentally left out a page, you can find it here. It’s all text so at the moment I’m not that concerned about re-uploading the folders for the sake of having it there.
Lamento: White Notes is an art book made for the Lamento: Beyond the Void visual novel by Nitro+Chiral. The first third of the book contains concept art, character portrait illustrations, and sketches by Chinatsu Kurahana, while the rest is composed of short stories for each love interest character and interviews with various contributors to the game. It’s decently in-depth and has a similar format to other Japanese art books for video games and visual novels (actually reminds me a lot of Baten Kaitos’ art book specifically).
White Notes has some plot-relevant imagery so I’d advise those who don’t want to spoil themselves that this is probably a book to look at after playing the VN. Aside from that it’s fairly worksafe excusing a couple kissing/groping sketches.
For anyone unaware, the visual novel Lamento: Beyond the Void is a boy’s love story set in a fantasy setting with humanoid cat creatures called Ribika, along with monsters, devils, wizards, shamans and all sorts of interesting creatures. Even though it can be labeled as an adult game it contains a fairly large amount of world building and lore, and as many who have or haven’t played it may be aware of - a mind-blowingly good soundtrack. There is a planned english patch in the works and one of its translators has already done an excellent job on their own translating the text of character routes - which can be found here. I highly recommend checking it out.
My polar bear oc and my penguin oc Qannik just chillin’~ öuö
The polar bears in Dao are enormous while the penguins are itty-bitties~
I also based the polar bears clothing somewhat on inuit clothing, and the
penguins on the ainu-people’s clothing to show culturual differences between
the two tribes.
ITS TIME FOR THE ANNUAL OMOCAT CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY!!
many good things have happened, OMOCAT has grown so much, and my life is forever changed :>
here’s a little thank you to all my followers and supporters!
1) FIRST PRIZE: 1 OMOCAT APPAREL in the size of your choice (while supplies last) new items that may be released this following week are also eligible for the prize
1) reblog the entire post to enter the giveaway! likes do not count gomen ~_~
2) you may only reblog once per day, each reblog will count as a chance toward winning! no giveaway-only blogs! i’ll be checking >:(
3) i will be choosing 3 winners randomly. i will painstakingly copy-paste each blog name in a random generator, and have the generator pick the winners for me
4) the winner will be chosen this weekend on the midnight of DECEMBER 16th. i will be sending out asks to let you know if you’ve won so please make sure your ask is open! if you do not reply within 24 hrs, i will have to choose another winner!!
5) i will provide free shipping! (yes, even international)
good luck!! once again, thank you all and happy holidays!!!!!
JUST CALL ME IZI ! hi